The warranty period of the Company’s product shall be in accordance with the Company’s official warranty stated on its invoice.
The warranty shall not be valid and applicable under the following circumstances:
a) If the Customer fails to make payment of the outstanding amount or debt due to the Company.
b) If the Customer causes or carries out any unauthorized modification or damage to or tampers with the goods/ equipment installed, for which the warranty is being provided.
c) Normal wear and tear of the goods/equipment
d) Cosmetic damage such as damage to paint work or dents or scratches or crack to the internal or external part of the goods/equipment, which does not affect its normal function.
e) If the repairs to the goods or equipment are carried out by others, without the knowledge and consent or authority of the Company.
f) Any loss or damage to the goods/equipment resulting from any act of negligence, mischief, sabotage, riot, terrorism, theft, fire or flood, however caused, not attributed to the Company or its employees.
g) Any loss or damage to the goods/equipment resulting from an act of God (including but not limited to, events such as earthquake, tsunami, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, warlike operations, civil war).
h) If the warranty is not stated on the invoice or the invoice bearing the warranty is not presented for verification.
For avoidance of doubt in the event of a call on the warranty by the Customer and the goods or equipment is found not to be defective or damaged as alleged, a service charge may be levied by the Company on the Customer.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Having an Awning is like an asset, learn the tips and tricks to care for your awning to keep it looking brand new all year round.
– Always operate the awning according to the instructions
– Periodically check if the fasteners are tight. Tighten if necessary
– Keep the awning fabric and arms clean
Important: Do not use oil base cleaners or any caustic, granulated, or abrasive type cleaners on your carefree product
One of the best ways to keep the fabric looking fresh and to delay the need for deep or vigorous cleaning is to hose the fabric off on a monthly basis with clear water. This practice will help prevent dirt from becoming deeply imbedded in the fabric. In most environments, a thorough cleaning will only be needed once every two to three years.
General Cleaning Instructions – once a month
– Brush off all loose dirt with a broom, including the underside
– Hose down
– Air-dry fully before retracting
– Trim shrubbery and vines away from the awning because they contain acid that can damage fabric Trim
A deep cleanse or a thorough cleaning can be done while the fabric is on the awning frame.
For Vinyl Fabric: Use a soft brush and warm water with soap
For Acrylic Fabric: Use a stiff brush and warm water with soap
Deep Cleaning Instructions – every 2 to 3 years
– Brush off all loose dirt with a broom, including the underside.
– Prepare a cleaning solution of cool water and mild soap, such as Woolite or Ivory Snow (no detergent).
– Scrub with a soft bristle brush, working from the bottom up.
– Allow soap to soak in.
– Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is gone.
– Air-dry fully before retracting.
– Trim shrubbery and vines away from the awning because they contain acid that can damage fabric
When cleaning the fabric, it is important to observe the following:
– Always use a natural soap, never detergent
– Water should be cold to lukewarm, never more than 38 °C
– Air-dry only. Never apply heat to the fabric
– Always allow the fabric to dry thoroughly before rolling up the awning
Products to Use for Stubborn Stains
– Bird Droppings – Dawn, Greased Lightning, Clean Rite Purple Power
– Iron Rust – Carbona Stain Devil #9
– Mildew – Clorox bleach and Dawn
– Oil – Acetone 100%
– Paint – Paint remover, oil or grease remover
– Tree Sap – Turpentine 100%, Dawn
Mildew is a fungus growth that looks like dirt. Vinyl coated polyester fabric are milder resistant because of a chemical biocide in the vinyl coating. Under the ordinary conditions, mildew will not appear. However, in areas where high temperature and humidity are common (like Singapore), it can be a problem and required the material to be washed frequently. Thoroughly rinse the fabric with clean water and allow it to air dry completely before rolling up the awning.
When water collects on the top of the fabric, this is known as “pooling”. This is something to look out for during the rainy season in Singapore. Retract the awning to dump the water. It is recommended that if the water accumulates on the top; retract the awning in steps (8”-12”) to dump the water. This will help prevent the fabric from stretching and distorting.
The effects of wind and rain on an awning are unpredictable. Severe damage to the awning may result. We highly recommend to keep the awning in a retracted position if extended period of wind and rain are expected.
Alco Sunshade uses aluminium arms that are designed to be maintenance-free. However, it is advisable to hose off the framework and wipe it with a soft cloth, more frequently in salt air environment. Dirt and debris can cause the channels not to slide easily.
– Avoid wetting the motor area.
– Check all fasteners once a year to ensure they are tight.
– Replace any parts that become damage
– Regularly check all the mounting hardware, screws, lags, etc
The awning hardware may be lubricated once a year. A dry silicone spray lubricant is best to maintain optimal, quiet operation. If unusual creaking noises occur when operating, check the end of the roller tube on the side opposite the motor or gear. Applying a bit of lubricant on the axle/bushing usually eliminate the unwanted noises. Caution: Avoid spraying lubricant on Fabric
Check all wiring and connections for wear and tear. Repair when needed.
Check that the sealant is providing a good seal and no water is accumulating on the wiring
ALCO SUNSHADE PTE LTD
High Quality Original European Systems, Supply and Installation for both Motorised and Manual Retractable Awning, Indoor and Outdoor Roller Blinds System, Zipper Blinds, Loop Blinds, Venetian blinds, Curtains. Customised Fabric Canopy and Standalones. Roofing Solutions including Aluminium Composite Panel Roof, Polycarbonate Roof, Laminated Tempered Glass Roof and Trimdek Metal Roof.
30 Kaki Bukit Rd 3, #07-15, Empire Technocentre, Singapore 417819
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9am-6pm
Office: +65-6242 6696 | Fax: +65-6242 6606
Call us now for a free on site quotation!